We help create future leaders by pairing them with mentors that assist in career conversations and through discussions help them understand more about setting future goals and the steps to achieve them.
¹Young adults who have a mentor are:
- 55% more likely to enroll in college
- 78% more likely to volunteer regularly
- 46% less likely than their peers to start using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to start drinking
We provide educational programs once a month, at a place of business or community location focused on learning about investing in oneself, communication, relationships and finances.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Communicating with impact
- Dress for Success (Practice Interviewing)
- Successful Leadership Traits & Etiquette
- College Financial Support - What is available
- Budget and Finances - What does it all mean to me?
- Getting along with girls - why is it so hard sometimes?
- Social Media (the wild side - the good side)
- Learning from others
- Finding our "Reset Button"
Our society is constantly changing. With it, we can decide that we need to offer additional tools to our young women to help them succeed or continue to try to ride the storms with limited resources.
The last two decades have provided more technology and more decisions for our teenagers than ever before. With that comes the opportunity to provide them with support as they make decisions concerning what to post on social media, what career decisions they make and who and what they listen to as an influence in their life.
Join us in our efforts to create future leaders and instill in them a confidence that allows them to freely reach for and achieve their dreams.
EMPower Me is a non profit organization that prepares high-school girls with the tools they need to help them become more confident and self-assured as they move through high school and into the next part of their life.
Our mission is to encourage young woman to be confident, strong, and in the face of uncertainty - reach for knowledge to gain insight, respecting differences and rise above insecurities and mistakes to reach for their dreams.
We are creating future leaders by providing education, pairing them with mentors in various industries that will provide career advice and establish a safe space for understanding themselves and helping to set proper expectations for a successful future.
The mentors who volunteer for EMPower Me are from various industries: law, accounting, retail, graphic design, entrepreneurs, hair and fashion, nursing, veterinarian, photography, stay at home moms, and real estate.
Research continues to show that women hold themselves and others back from reaching their full potential.
²According to research:
- Females are responsible for 40% of the bullying at work and school.
- 84% of women have reported suffering an emotional trauma from another woman.
- Only 1/3 of women only have 1 to 3 authentic intimate reliable female relationships.
Through the duration of the program, with mentorship, bonding with other participants and the educational tools and resources provided by professional guest speakers that the program offers; high school girls will walk away with a better understanding of themselves with the confidence and knowledge to work through situations and ability to have more intimate reliable female friendships.
Help is always needed
We are always looking for volunteers to help us with mentoring and businesses to host and/or cover some of the cost of our monthly educational sessions.
If you are interested in learning more about mentoring or sponsoring an educational session at your business location, please contact us to learn more.