We hold workshops once a month, at a place of business or community location focused on learning about investing in oneself, communication, relationships and finances.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Communicating with impact
- Interviewing Skills
- Healthy Boundaries in Relationbships
- College Financial Support
- Getting along with girls - why is it so hard?
- Why can't everyone just be normal like me?
- Finding our "Reset Button"
We pair participants with mentors that assist in career conversations, help them understand more about setting future goals, as well as the steps required to achieve them.
¹Young adults who have a mentor are:
- 55% more likely to enroll in college
- 78% more likely to volunteer regularly
- 46% less likely than their peers to start using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to start drinking
Our society is constantly changing. With it, we can offer additional tools to our young women to help them succeed instead of asking them to ride the storm with limited resources.
The last two decades have provided more technology and decisions for our teenagers than ever before. This provides an opportunity to provide them with support regarding making the right decisions concerning what to post on social media, career choices, and who and what they listen to as an influence in their life.
We are a not for profit organization focused on creating future leaders by providing education, pairing 10th and 11th graders with mentors in various industries that provide career advice and establish a safe space for understanding themselves and setting proper expectations for a successful future.
The mentors who volunteer for EMPower Me are from various industries: law, accounting, retail, graphic design, engineering, nursing, veterinarian, photography, stay at home moms, real estate and more!
²According to research women are holding other women back from being successful:
- Females are responsible for 40% of the bullying at work and school.
- 84% of women have reported suffering an emotional trauma from another woman.
- Only 1/3 of women only have 1 to 3 authentic intimate reliable female relationships.
¹The Mentoring Effect, 2014, mentoring.org
²Valen, Kelly (2010) Twisted Sisterhood, California
contact us to learn more
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of our high-school students, please contact us to learn more.